I can’t afford my payment plan. What loan options are available to pay my tax debt?April 23, 2020
What is involved with ATO Tax Debt Negotiation?April 23, 2020
You may be able to arrange interest-free payment plans for your tax debt. However, the tax office would usually only;y allow for activity statement debt. Therefore the requirements would be:
- The activity statement debt must be paid off over 12 months.
- Secondly, your previous lodgement history and payments have been conducted well.
- Thirdly, you have only missed one payment on a plan in the last 12 months.
- Plus you have not been able to secure finance to clear your debt.
- However, you need to agree to the payment plan payment to be by direct debit for the 12 months.
- Finally, you have been able to display an ability to meet all of your tax commitments.